Terms & Conditions
Please take a moment to read these terms and conditions carefully.
The Terms and Conditions stated hereunder shall apply and govern the means of your accessing and usage of the MotorTakaful.com (this Website), which is owned and operated by Etiqa Takaful Berhad. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By accessing this Website for the use and continued use of it, you have agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out below.
Your use of this Website shall be at your own initiative and risk and in so doing you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. Please note that these Terms and Conditions are subject to changes at Etiqa Takaful Berhad's discretion and that it is your responsibility to check for any updates. The current Terms and Conditions are as set out below. Any use of this Website shall constitute your acceptance of the current applicable Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, please exit now.
The products and services referred to in this website are offered only in Malaysia where they may be lawfully offered by Etiqa Takaful Berhad or any of its authorised agents.
All the products and services of Etiqa Takaful Berhad are subject to specific terms, conditions, rules or regulations specified in the applicable agreement governing their use (Specific Terms). These Terms and Conditions are to be read together with the Specific Terms. In the event of any conflict between the Terms and Conditions and the Specific Terms, the Specific Terms applicable to the specific products or services shall prevail over these Terms and Conditions.
THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE MERELY FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE DISCRETION OF ETIQA TAKAFUL BERHAD. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE CLIENT CHARTER.
1. Whilst every care has been taken in preparing the information and materials contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is", without any warranty of any kind either expressed or implied. In particular Etiqa Takaful Berhad disclaims any warranty of merchantability and no warranty regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses or worms is given in connection with such information and materials.
2. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Etiqa Takaful Berhad does not warrant that this Website will be provided uninterrupted or free from errors or that any identified defect will be corrected and that the information on this Website is accurate, complete, timely or reliable. Etiqa Takaful Berhad expressly disclaims liability for any delays, errors or omissions in the transmission of content.
3. Etiqa Takaful Berhad will rely on its affiliates for the disbursement of information on its products, services and offers. However, Etiqa Takaful Berhad shall not be deemed to endorse, recommend, approve, guarantee or introduce any third parties or the services/products they provide on their websites, or to have any form of cooperation with such third parties unless otherwise stated by Etiqa Takaful Berhad.
4. The information contained in these pages is not intended to provide professional advice. Persons accessing these pages should obtain appropriate professional advice where necessary.
5. Etiqa Takaful Berhad shall not be liable for personal injury, death or damages to tangible or intangible property to any person, arising out of or resulting from the products and/or services offered under this Website or any linked website.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances and under no legal theory, tort, contract, or otherwise, shall Etiqa Takaful Berhad be liable to you or any person for any direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character, including and without any limitation, loss of goodwill, loss of use, profits, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all commercial damages or losses that arise in connection with this Website for:
1. any access, use or the inability of access or use of this Website or any hyperlinked websites;
2. any inaccuracies, errors, omissions, defects, interruptions, delay in transmission or unauthenticated content on this Website;
3. the cost of procurement of goods and services in replacement of or substitution for the goods and services purchased or obtained from information through this Website or any other hyperlinked websites;
4. any electronic virus(es) and worm(s);
5. any system, server or connection failure, error, omission, interruption, delay in operation or transmission, or computer virus, malicious codes, trojan horses or corruption or delay in performance or non-performance of any obligation of Etiqa Takaful Berhad herein due to any cause beyond the control of Etiqa Takaful Berhad including but not limited to technical breakdown, strikes or other industrial action or communications or power failure;
6. any failure or delay caused by the browser software or by any Internet Service Provider or any other software provider(s); and
7. any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Etiqa Takaful Berhad.
Conduct of User
When using the information and materials provided by Etiqa Takaful Berhad, you agree not to:-
1. interfere, harass, threaten or abuse other users;
2. violate or infringe any regulations and laws of Malaysia and the country from which you access this Website;
3. post or distribute any obscene, hateful, racially offensive information or materials; or
4. distribute any unsolicited mail.
Copyright and Trademark Notices
All ownership rights, copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights attaching to, contained or vested in this Website and all data, information, details, materials, literature, manuals or graphics contained in this Website are properties of Etiqa Takaful Berhad unless otherwise indicated. Etiqa Takaful Berhad strictly prohibits use of its copyright by any means or its trademarks in any manner without express prior written consent.
Copying, reverse engineering, automated browsing, downloading, commercial exploitation of the materials or information available on this Website is prohibited, except when it is explicitly permitted by Etiqa Takaful Berhad.
All intellectual property rights design and Content of this Website shall belong to Etiqa Takaful Berhad other than those intellectual property rights of vendors or affiliates who have permitted Etiqa Takaful Berhad's usage and reproductions of the content at this Website.
You hereby agree to indemnify and keep fully indemnified Etiqa Takaful Berhad, its employees, agents, co-branders and affiliates against any action, claim, demand, expenses (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) suffered or incurred by Etiqa Takaful Berhad arising from:-
1. your use or misuse of the content on this Website and other websites linked to this Website and the services provided therein;
2. your breach or non-observance of the Terms; and
3. infringement of rights of any third party in conjunction with your use or access to this Website.
Link to Third Party Websites
1. assume any responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information contained therein;
2. verify such information or make any representations, warranties or guarantees concerning such information;
3. have control over their contents;
4. impliedly endorse the availability of the goods and services offered by or guarantee the service levels of the hyperlinked websites;
5. represent and endorsed the views and content in the linked websites; and
6. be liable for damages of any kind arising from the use or inability to use the linked site, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
Modification of Terms
Etiqa Takaful Berhad reserves the right to amend the Terms herein at its sole discretion at any time without prior notice.
User name and Password
You shall undertake not to disclose your unique user ID and password to anyone and ensure that your password is secure at all times. In the event you suspected that your user ID and/or password have been compromised, you shall immediately inform Etiqa Takaful Berhad via email to email@example.com
Etiqa Takaful Berhad will not permit spammers to operate on its servers. When using the information and materials provided in this Website, you will agree not to send bulk unsolicited e-mail with commercial messages to other users of this Website or the public nor interfere, harass, threaten or abuse other users; nor post or distribute any obscene, hateful, racially offensive information or materials.
Important Notices on Online Sales
Once you have submitted your proposal and payment details to Etiqa Takaful Berhad. via this online facility, and Etiqa Takaful Berhad accepts your proposal and receives the premium for the policy, you are deemed to have purchased the policy. The online proposal does not require your signature and the lack of signature shall not detract from its validity.
The payment instruments accepted by us for online transactions include:
1. Online Credit Card (Visa / MasterCard) Payment. The amount of contribution for the Takaful Certificate will be debited directly into your credit card account upon approval from the issuing and merchant banks. The transaction is through MOSET/SSL, a cutting-edge technology that secures online credit card and other internet banking transactions.
2. Delivery Your Takaful Certificate will be delivered to you by courier at the address you have indicated in your proposal within fourteen (14) days from the date of our receipt of your contribution. If you do not receive your Takaful Certificate within the stipulated time above, please contact our web customer service executive at: o E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org o Telephone: 1 300 13 8888
Cancellation of Policy
You may cancel your proposal if Etiqa Takaful Berhad receives your written notice of cancellation of the proposal no later than 5.00 pm on the fifth (5th) day from the date of your proposal.
Notify us on your intent to cancel your policy and request for a refund within five (5) Days from the date of your proposal. The notification to be made through:
• E-mail at email@example.com OR
• by telephone to a MotorTakaful.com customer service representative at 1 300 13 8888
Concurrently, write an official letter to ETIQA TAKAFUL BERHAD to cancel your proposal and request a refund of the contribution if already paid. The letter should be addressed to: Etiqa Takaful Berhad, e Channel, Level 8, Tower B, Dataran Maybank 1, Jalan Maarof, 509000, Kuala Lumpur Your refund will be processed once we have received your official letter and a cheque for the refund (without any interest) will be sent to you by ordinary post within 30 days.
Subject to receipt by Etiqa Takaful Berhad of the premium payable under the policy cover shall commence at the date stated in the policy.
You are to disclose in the proposal, fully and faithfully all facts which you know or ought to know, otherwise the policy issued based on the particulars disclosed shall be invalidated. Etiqa Takaful Berhad's acceptance of your proposal is based on your full and faithful disclosure of all facts which shall form the basis of the contract between you and Etiqa Takaful Berhad and you are willing to accept the policy subject to the terms prescribed by Etiqa Takaful Berhad.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions or in the proposal shall be construed as a solicitation by Etiqa Takaful Berhad or any of its staff or employees to you to buy the policy and none of its staff or employees who you may interact with via this online facility or email or via the telephone or in person shall be deemed to be a Etiqa Takaful Berhad's agent. You shall take sole responsibility for the proposal and for all particulars entered therein through this online facility. Etiqa Takaful Berhad shall be entitled, without any enquiry whatsoever on its part as to the identity of the person keying in the particulars into the online proposal, to deem that the person who had keyed in the particulars into the proposal is the proposer and to rely upon the particulars entered therein to issue the policy for the proposer.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Materials, information, takaful products and services provided and offered on this Website are strictly available for use and/or access of Etiqa Takaful Berhad's customers in Malaysia and shall not be construed as having been made available outside Malaysia.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. By accessing this Website and/or using the services offered through this Website, you hereby consent to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Malaysia.